· Immediate amnesty before enforcement
· Guts legal requirement for biometric exit-entry system
· Millions of green cards (permanent residency) before enforcement
· No border surge. Agents aren’t required until 2021.
· No fence requirement. DHS retains discretion in the bill that preempts the call for a fence in ten years. Litigation also provides an escape hatch to never build the fence.
· Legalization for gang members and convicted criminals
· Amnesty for future visa overstays
· Guaranteed welfare access for illegal immigrants
· Undermines interior enforcement, prompting ICE officers to warn: “There is no doubt that, if passed, public safety will be endangered and massive amounts of future illegal immigration—especially visa overstays—is ensured.”
· Expands non-merit chain migration—less than 10 percent of future flow is merit-based
· Doubles the number of guest workers and triples the number of immigrants granted lawful permanent residency—reducing wages for U.S. workers and driving up unemployment